What is Piezowave2 (ShockWave) Therapy?
Piezowave2 (ShockWave) therapy is an extremely effective and non-invasive solution to the pain associated with acute and chronic pain in muscles, tendons, and joints. It delivers a series of high-energy impulses to the area being treated. These are NOT electric shocks, but focused acoustic sound waves that can penetrate deep into joints or attachment sites that are too deep for manual therapy techniques to be effective.
Focusing in on your pain
The acoustic waves generated by the PiezoWave 2 (ShockWave) painlessly pass through the body and coverage at a point deep within the soft tissue to produce an intense, extremely short duration compression event. The focused acoustic compression is translated to tissue to provide a massage with pin-point accuracy to the affected area.
A re there known side-effects of Piezowave2 (ShockWave) ?
- Treatment side-effects are limited to reddened skin and/or minor soreness at the treatment site.
How long does treatment take?
- A typical PiezoWave2 (ShockWave) treatment takes between 5 and 10 minutes
- Normally, 1-2 treatments per week are performed
- A total of 5-7 treatments may be necessary before lasting improvement is achieved
- With acute pain, a single session is often successful