Whether you play sports or not, a certified chiropractic sports physician is your perfect match!
What do they do?
Certified Sports Chiropractors specialize in:
- Sports injury diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
- Rehabilitation exercises
- Emergency procedures
- Pre-participation examinations
- Joint supports and taping
- Exercise prescription
- Sports nutrition
- Sport-specific athletic training
How do they become one?
To become a certified chiropractic sports physician, one has to complete at least 100 hours of education after completing their doctorate of chiropractic and pass a board examination. Also, they have to remain up to date on the newest research and treatment innovations by participating in continuing education, field work, and seminars.
How are sports chiropractors and regular chiropractors different?
- Possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness
- Are experts in the function of the body during movement, from high-level athletics to everyday activities
- Can help optimize athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and performance enhancement
- Offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal adjustment to include direct treatment of muscles, joints, and connective tissues
- Focus on total body wellness and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain
- Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends, and treatment techniques
- Can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your medical care
- Are passionate advocates for physical fitness and skilled sports medicine practitioners
- Will help you achieve your peak performance with a breadth and depth of knowledge found only with their specific training
- Are comprised of the top tier of the chiropractic profession
What are the benefits of seeing a sports chiropractor?
- Faster recovery from injury
- Access to a wider range of treatment tools
- Expertise in high-performance athletics and preventative strategies
- Guidance for athletic training
- Sports nutrition counseling
- Individualized treatment
- Sports-specific treatment and preventative exercises
- Ability to integrate treatment with training
- Faster identification of injury or pain source
- Faster course of treatment
- Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
- Holistic approach to wellness
- Ability to take advantage of the latest treatments and methods developed for athletics
Visit any of our pages under the "Services" tab to find more on how a certified chiropractic sports physician can help you!
Call 703-273-2792 or email [email protected] to see Dr. Kim today!